Win against Sadio Mane's former club | Jantscher scores twice
Red Bull Salzburg beat French second division side FC Metz with a very good performance.
FC Red Bull Salzburg gained clear control of the first half against a visibly tough French team (shown two yellow cards and a red card for Rocchi) and had several big chances (through Ramalho, Ilsanker, Reyna and Alan among others). Coach Roger Schmidt made six substitutions at the break and Salzburg's dominance was eventually converted into goals.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
• Alexander Walke kept goal for over 90 minutes and captained the Red Bulls.
• Sadio Mane was a real handful against his former club, even though he did not score today.
• Back in action after injury were Martin Hinteregger and Christoph Leitgeb.
• Havard Nielsen was out ill.
• The match was officiated by Bundesliga referee Manuel Schüttengruber.
• In David Atanga and Raphael Dwamena, two players from the Red Bull academy Ghana made brief guest appearances.
VIEWS ON THE MATCH:
Roger Schmidt: „"I was hoping that we would punish the tough approach of the French with a goal or two in the first half. We managed that well in the second half though. On the whole I am pleased with my team's game, we put in a very good performance."
Alexander Walke: "Thankfully the referee clamped down in time. On the whole we controlled the match not only because of our numerical advantage and we were able to keep the standard going in the second half despite the changes."
FACTS & FIGURES:
Line-up: Walke; Schwegler, Ramalho, Hinteregger, Ulmer; Reyna Ilsanker; Kampl, Mane; Soriano, Alan.
Substitutions: Klein for Ulmer (46'), Teigl for Schwegler (46'), Berisha for llsanker (46') Jantscher for Alan (46'), Meilinger for Soriano (46'), Leitgeb for Kampl (46'), Atanga for Reyna (87'), Dwamena for Mane (87').
Yellow cards - RBS: Reyna (41' dissent)